Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Going to Miss the Free Pancakes!

Today was Free Pancake day at IHOP supporting the Children's Miracle Network.

Well considering what my house looked like after several days of being cooped up sick, and watching Harrison running around (feeling somewhat better) in circles like a mad dog *no* mad man *no* mad chicken... it was a good reason to forgo cleaning and get some yummy, albeit - not so healthy for you, pancakes!

After said yummy pancakes we made our donation to the Children's Miracle Network and paid our *GULP* 4 dollars for a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee.















Yup, look at him go with the "big boy" fork and cup!


Now I just have to clean the house...

Ugh, I think I'll go to Starbucks.

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Those do look yummy! I wasn't brave enough to go to IHOP yesterday...I was fearing large crowds and me with small children.

I'm such a whimp sometimes.

But he is big with that cup and fork - go Harrison! And he doesn't even appear to be wearing most of his meal...I'm really impressed!

Anonymous said...

Was it packed?!! My kids just love that place. What a fun memory.

Brittany said...

Sigh. I kept hearing about this. Too bad the closest Ihop to me is 2 hours aways. sigh.

Christina said...

We were planning to do that yesterday, too...but it ended up not happening, what with sick mommy & kiddo. Oh well.

Christina said...

We were planning to do that yesterday, too...but it ended up not happening, what with sick mommy & kiddo. Oh well.

Rose said...

Maggie & SusieJ - I was so surprised when I pulled into the parking lot at 12:15 PM - the HEIGHT OF THE LUNCH HOUR - to find it not crowded at all. We went inside and were seated right away in a half-full restaurant! Yeah! Harrison needed to get our of the house!

Christina - sorry to hear you're sick now - at least it's not our fault! LOL. We're STILL sick around here.

Brittany - BUMMER! I guess that's the advantage of living in the city.

chaoticfamily said...

That's wonderful you got to participate - yay. We do it with our local Wendy's same idea.

It was a starbucks day here too ;) Green tea with honey - yumm!

Lola said...

Oh, I really wanted to go, but they don't let pregnant women with gestational diabetes eat syrup. Bummer.