Friday, February 1, 2008

Fav Phrase Friday - Whey-dah-meeee-nut!

A couple months ago every other word out of Harrison's mouth was "Wheydameenut!"
It's a hoot watching him test each new phrase in every aspect of his little life from eating, playing to bathing - ALL DAY LONG we would hear it... "Whey-Da-Meeen-Nut!"

I'm not sure where he picked it up from but it had us rolling on the floor. Because he used it for LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

This was an explosion on the Harrison vocabulary front!

Unfortunately, due to the holidays, illnesses and my work schedule, those best, first moments of that beautiful word rolling from his mouth eluded me.
But the GID and I will always remember the sing-songy way in which Harrison would declare "Wait a Minute!"


He still uses it; but it no longer saturates every thought and sentence. Rather, when he turns to find something missing from his view as he's playing, or his curiosity is suddenly spiked, I will hear, "Whey-dah-meeeen-nut!"

More recently he asked to put a movie that was sitting on his little table in the VCR; during the time that he turned from the table to the TV and back again, I had picked it up from behind him and put it on top of the TV.

(Okay, I was trying to avoid putting a movie on...)

He looked at the empty table and let out a curious, "Hmmmm..." slowly glanced left to right and then uttered, "WHEY-DA-MEEEN-NUT!"

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the Laurel & Hardy, slight-of-hand moment that I had just caused for Harrison. I could see his little mind just going - the video was right here, I just saw it, where did it go?


I told him I moved the video and then I caved. We watched Lilo and Stitch.


Can you believe I started this post on 12/14/07? Wait a minute!

3 comments:

natalie said...

Meryt hasn't discovered that one yet.

Today my dad said to her, "Meryt, you're being such a good girl."

Her reply? "No, I not good girl!"

When we were downtown today, she bumped her face on a table--not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough for her to make a royal scene. I hugged her and told her that she was okay. She sobbed, "I not wanna be okay!" No kidding.

Christina said...

I wish I could hear that...sounds so adorable! I can almost imagine it coming from his little boy mouth, along with a look of frustrated bafflement. hehe!

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! I wish you had video.