Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Almost Wordless Wednesday - He's Going to be an Architect!

Harrison received some wooden blocks from his teacher late last Fall and within a few weeks he was consumed with them. Almost immediately he started building up.

 At a Christmas party he discovered a bucket of blocks; but with all the small children he couldn't build without another little hand swooping in an knocking down his handiwork. Toward the end of the evening after the kids had thinned out, he began building once again. The hostess was so impressed by his building skills that she insisted Harrison borrow the blocks until her son grew into them.


The next morning he immediately got  to the business of executing the building designs envisioned in his head.


Which included a plethora of smaller towers scattered about the floor that he referred to "chocolate factories" after watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


But it didn't end there...

He also built some Superhero hideouts - specifically Ironman's house. Not that he has even seen Ironman either in movie or cartoon form...
That didn't stop him though.

It seems he has a lot of design plans and plenty of space to carry them out.

Maybe we should call him Bob the Builder...He can do it!

Yes. I watch too much of the Disney Channel.

Find fewer words over here.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am seriously impressed at his handiwork. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone his age build such intricate designs!

Unknown said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and all the great pics of Harrison! He's grown up A LOT lately!

I love his buildings! I think you very well may have a budding architect there.

I thought it was funny that you said that about him saying that they were "chocolate factories" because my son does the same thing. Although pretty sure he got his idea from one of the Thomas DVDs! : )

Hope you are having a great week!

Jaimee said...

Wow...those are amazing! I can't wait until my boys are old enough to "get" blocks. Caden will make a tower now, but that's just to see it fall!

Unknown said...

Architect, or maybe engineer? Whatever he becomes, the kid has some incredible creativity and a great imagination! Good for him!

mandaroo63 said...

Those are some great towers! Those blocks are so much fun. Livie used to play with them for hours. Now, she's much more into Legos and building spaceships : )
Great photos.

iMother2.0 said...

super complex structures he's building there! wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow those towers are great! My 2 year old is just getting into the tower thing but obviously nothing this good yet!

Christina said...

He really is quite the architect - wow! Our blocks haven't seen much use lately...I'll have to pull them out this afternoon!

Cara said...

I think your right, you have a little builder. I love his creation, and I love how he build with his cape on.

Jen Graham said...

I am sooo glad he is getting such good use out of them. I found a few more in the hot wheel basket if you want them. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Move over Frank Lloyd Wright, here comes Harrison! Well done indeed!