Friday, August 22, 2008

Fav Phrase Friday - What's for Dinner?

"Do you have something hungry?" Harrison asks a secretary at the office. In other words, "do you have a cookie for me, I'm hungry for a cookie".

I'm not sure where he got this, but it works for him.

As I was making [a late] dinner tonight, he calls out, "Mommy, I need something hungry!" Again, the actual translation would be, "I'm hungry, I need something to eat".

I love it, I think I'll cut my words back and start using this phrase.

After all, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Let's start with words.

Last week was the GID's birthday, I asked Harrison what he wanted to do for his Daddy on Daddy's birthday. He said make cupcakes. So last Thursday, after a trip to the park, we came home and made cupcakes before nap.

They were a big hit at the dinner with our friends to celebrate the G.I.D.'s birthday.


Gotta run...

I need something hungry.

4 comments:

Christina said...

"I need something hungry"...I think I will start saying that, too!

Lola said...

Hi Rosey! So sorry I missed seeing you in SoCal. I hope Ken's surgery went well (sounds like it did). I will look forward to seeing you next year!

Blueberry said...

i need something hungry too, harrison. :)

(i really love that one!!!!)

Unknown said...

I need something hungry - OH MY! This is one of those you hope they never ever correct. It is priceless!

Addie always says "My tummy says it's hungry!"