Saturday, June 7, 2008

Harrison is a Big Brother!

No, we didn't have a baby.

But we got home from our Thomas Train event on Thursday to find that 3 of our butterflies have emerged! We fed them and Harrison gently welcomed them to the world.

While I was looking around for our instructions on how to feed them, Harrison was gently talking to them,
"Hi little butterfies, my name is Harrison."

We gave them some cut up oranges to start feeding on.

"Ticka, ticka, ticka ticka..."
He pretended to tickle as he wiggled his fingers in front of the butterfly house.

"Ohhh, you're cute!"

Be very careful, mommy don't disurb them.

I told him to be very careful and not bump the butterfly house so that we don't disturb them. Then, as only I can do, I bumped into the buffet and the butterflies fluttered about. Shortly after I was reprimanded by the newly self-proclaimed big brother to 3 little butterflies.

We have two more to go, then we'll set them free outside.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

That is so cool. Ella is at the stage where she is afraid of every bug that flies her way right now. This would be a good thing for her to be able to watch a critter safely contained. Love how he talks to them!

Christina said...

I am so gullible. Every time I see a title like that I think "oh! She's pregnant!" Anyway, Harrison makes a very sweet, great big brother! What fun.

Anonymous said...

You know, you really confuse a woman with such post titles. :p The photos of Harrison and "siblings" are so sweet.

And I'd go photo strolling with you any day.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That whole metamorphasis is so cool (and so fast too). This is an awesome little project for Harrison to watch unfold right before his very eyes!

Unknown said...

Wow, I am very impressed. Looks like Harrison was pretty amazed and protective! ; )

Jen said...

That's really cool. We have the same set. Ours just formed into chrysalis. It is so crazy to see the whole transformation.

Unknown said...

I cannot wait for Em to get up to show her this tomorrow...she will be geeked beyond words! So very cool...