Monday, March 24, 2008

The Eggs Have It!

I admit, as much as I once loved getting Easter baskets and coloring eggs (not to confuse that with the true meaning of Easter), it had waned over the years to non-existent. Then Harrison came along and it was time to dust off all those memories of youth and to experience them again through the eyes of MY child. This was the year to start the traditions with him. So we started on Thursday night by making an "egg bed" Who knew that sticking straight pins into Styrofoam would keep him so focused and content for for a good quiet half hour!

After making the Egg Bed we prepared our eggs for color, using rubber bands, sticking on dots and hole-punch protectors for designs.

Colors waiting for the egg-stravaganza!

On Friday, I set up everything and showed Harrison what to do. He went to town! Once he dyed the eggs he wanted to dye more, so he re-dipped (and would have continued until all were brown - literally!) I also helped me with blown eggs.

Using his hands to grab the eggs out of the dye left a lovely shade of green.






We came, we saw, we ate eggs.

7 comments:

chaoticfamily said...

Looks fantastic...

Easter was a bit off for us this year! Not even one picture - gasp. But we did paint eggs with the kids and of course the Bunny made his presence known. ;)

What once used to be my fave holiday is now just a memory.

Blueberry said...

oh what fun!! and such beautiful eggs too.
holiday's are so much more now that we have kids, aren't they? :)

Brittany said...

PRETTY eggs!!!!! :)

Christina said...

You are an over-acheiving mom. ;o) This looks great, so much fun and terrific eggs! He really got into it. I tried with Nadia, but all she wanted to do was smash eggs. Next year should go better - and I am totally stealing your rubber bands and dots idea!

mandaroo63 said...

I love your little "egg bed", what a great idea! Also, the punch outs and circles, too cute!!!

Stacy said...

Well, I've never seen an egg bed before! How ingenuitive! Looks like a fun time was had. :)

Unknown said...

Oh My Stars! How in the world did I miss this post?? I LOVE the egg bed and all of your eggs are so gorgeous! I'm stealing your ideas, too!!