Friday, January 4, 2008

Fav Phrase Friday - You Miss Me?

Harrison started a new routine in the last couple of weeks. When I come home from being at work or going somewhere and he stayed behind - whether awake or napping - he will run up to me and jump into a full body wraparound hug and ask, "You miss me?"

I love it. I love holding & hugging him, I love his little toddler legs wrapped tightly around me. I love that for that moment I am everything he needs. The love in my heart for him shatters like sand, pours out and fills every crevasse of my existence in that moment.

Recently, I put Harrison down for a nap and then slipped out of the house to run a couple errands. He woke up before I arrived home and when the GID went up to get him, he said, "I miss Mommy"

I arrived home about half an hour later and Harrison ran to me asking, "You miss me, mommy, you miss me?"

"Yes, I did, very much."

"You miss me. I miss you, mommy."

"I missed you, I love you Harrison."


"I love you too, mommy. You miss me."

We stay there locked in that mother-child embrace for a few brief minutes, where all is pure joy, perfect, and life is safe.
- If only for a moment.

5 comments:

natalie said...

My heart is a puddle!! What a sweet exchange between mother and son.

Blueberry said...

i love it when they say stuff like that! :)

Dawn said...

So sweet!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday and leaving such a nice comment!

Christina said...

Aww, that is just precious! These kiddos sure do know how to burrow themselves ever deeper into our hearts.

Lola said...

Now I know I'm pregnant. You had me tearing up as much as a Hallmark commercial! Precious.