Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Theme - WIDE Open Space





This week's theme is "wide" so I remembered these pictures from our trip to South Dakota last year. They're a couple of my favorites. Harrison and I went walking in our family's "back yard". It opens to the South Dakota prairie - even in this stark late Fall moment I find it beautiful; it's a season we don't get to fully experience in Southern California. I love the wide open space, it's so peaceful and quiet. Something I miss living in the "city". I guess that's why we enjoy the ocean so much. It's big, wide and peaceful and when you are facing the ocean all the hustle, bustle a craziness of life is behind you - if only for a while.

Here are a couple more shots from that day, you can also go visit Picture This and see how other people interpret "Wide".





And only a couple days later, the snow has melted, the weather has changed and Harrison is out in the year driving a back-hoe with his "Grandpa Bingo".

6 comments:

Maya said...

That first shot is so neat...love the touches of snow.

Maggie said...

What great shots - it looks like he was having a great time!

kim said...

Those are terrific pictures. That hat is darling on your little guy.

Brittany said...

Oh those are so cute!!! What a cutie you have!! :)

Great minds DO think alike and it seems that most of us have great minds today!!

mandaroo63 said...

How beautiful (and cold), it is there. He looks so cute all bundled up. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

Cari said...

Love it! That hat is too much. So cute.