Friday, September 14, 2007

Just Wanna Give a Shout Out To...

The Ones I Love!
I'm sure that must have been what Harry was thinking at 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning when he decided it would be a good time to just - SHOUT. And being the in-tune-with-my-child-mom that I am. I awoke immediately.
(Yes, I have fallen flat with that whole in tune thing. Take language for instance. My 2-year-old's language, I don't always know what he is saying and believe me, he gives me PLENTY of opportunities to figure it out - and then who gets annoyed?! But I digress...)

So there it is, 4:00am In. The. Morning. I hear him and immediately pop one foot out of bed but before I'm up...

Silence. Nothing. He's out.

I'm out.

4:45 rolls around and once again, "MAAW-MEEE!" "NIGH, NIGH [garble garble] Yep, there's that language issue again. Of course, I am mostly asleep - down the hall and - Wait... Silence. Hmm.

Well, this went on until he got up at 7:00 am. Every 40 minutes or so he would just shout out for one of us. "Maw-Mee!, Daa-Dee!"
At promptly 7:00 he shouted, "Wake Up Time!" And that was that.

So this morning when 6:30 rolls around, Harrison yells, "Maw-Mee!"

I scream, "NOOOO!!!!" (Well in my head anyway.)

I call out, "It's still Sleepy time."

Harrison yells back, "NOOOO! (not in his head) WAKE UP TIME!"

I stand corrected.

No comments: