Monday, August 27, 2007

Best Shot Monday - Duke-the-Dog


I choose to start best shoot Mondays with our faithful companion and beloved BBF of Harrison. Not that Duke-the-Dog returns the sentiment, his first loyalty is to the GID. There is an on-going rival between the 2 under-four-footers for the attention of the GID.

Although I took the picture above a couple years ago, I love it. I took it in our little kitchen toward the end of the day & haven't gotten as good of picture of Duke-the-Dog since. I was devastated to lose it when one of our hard drives crashed a few months ago( I didn't have a print of it.) But as I searched through zip discs for items work-related, low and behold! My lost pictures were found!! I had backed them up and forgotten!

This was taking after our dog got skunked - pount blank in the face at the threshold of our backdoor! Being from the Midwest, I never minded skunk smell in the city, it brought back memories a quieter times. But direct hits are like chemical warfare and since I was pregnant at the time, I was convinced my child would come out with a white strip through his hair!! (
And this was only the first time he came in contact with Mr. Skunk - can you say RUN-DUKE-RUN!)

When you move to the city, you don't expect skunks and raccoons to frequent your back yard - let alone live in the big city at all! Yet, another story...

5 comments:

Maya said...

Lol! Poor guy...hope he learned the difference between a cat and a skunk for next time!

Tiffany said...

WOW thats a pretty good look alike! Great shot! (glad you found your pictures that you thought you had lost!)

kim said...

lol.. poor ol' duke! great shots!

Anonymous said...

Love it. I could feel him looking at me.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

Maggie said...

Great shots -- Duke the Dog is a very handsome pup!