Thursday, March 3, 2011

Six

Dear Harrison,

Today you turn six years old. And there has not been one dull moment since you entered this world – early. 

I love and adore you. You already exhibit a fierce passion and strong personality; but you are kind-hearted and sensitive, too. You see beauty in the world and you never hesitate to let people know about the beauty you see in them. You love little babies and always want to make them smile and laugh. You pray for your friends, but you also pray for their parents and I love that about you.

I look forward to what your sixth year will bring. As you went to bed last night, there was a peace in my heart. Like coming out of the five-year-old storm. Last year had so much change and I know it was challenging for you sometimes… It was challenging for me sometimes. I know you miss the big blue house with the “blue flower wallpaper” in your room and the church bells chiming in the afternoon; but I hope that when you are older, you will look back cherish this chapter in our lives.

What does the beginning of six look like? Walking to and from school as a family. Playing with Legos all. day. long. Learning to read and write. Listening to music like John Williams, Mandy Patinkin, Abba (Mama Mia), Laurie Berkner, Disney Soundtracks and the audio tracks of Adventures in Odyssey. You look forward to Saturday Morning Cartoon time watching “the bible channel” and '”Disney Jr.” with your favorite shows; “Agent Oso” and  “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” as well as Kubo with “Jane & the Dragon” and “Babar”.

You love your Kindergarten teacher and wrote her notes while we visited Grandma & Grandpa in St. Louis. You love listening to us read books to you and you narrated your own story to your cousin.  I only hope that I can continue to nurture in you a love of reading and learning, art and music and keep your creative instincts awake and alive as you grow.

20110304-IMG_132520110304-IMG_1353

20110303-IMG_1323

Today you turn six-years-old.  And there has never been a dull moment.

I love you.

No comments: