Friday, September 11, 2009

Sabbat Shalom

Harrison jumped into bed with us this morning and started singing a song.

"That's a Shabbat song I learned" he announced.

"Today is Shabbat!" I responded.

"I know that", he answered.


He has always enjoyed Shabbat service at preschool; and takes it quite seriously. In fact, he's become well versed on Moses, Noah, Joshua and Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego - just to name a few.
(heck, I didn't learn about that last threesome until college!)




Maybe it's the singing and dancing with the Cantor that he likes best...

Or maybe it's the Torah stories that the Rabbi tells...not to mention his affection for the Rabbi; he whispers to me as I'm leaving, "Can I go hang out with the Rabbi for awhile?"


Nah, I think what he likes best is really the grape juice, Hallah and snacks he gets to eat after his Shabbat service!


Just kidding! (although that cheese is good stuff!)

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: