Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Next Best Thing

Yes, some days I hate living in a condo.
Because honestly, some days I just don’t feel like going down to the nearest park for outside time.

Some days Harrison hates living in a condo.
Not because I won’t go down to the park for outside time.

No.

Because he wants a tree house.
And why not, he’s a boy.

Heck, I wanted a tree house when I was a kid… and I’m a girl.

Anyway, this summer I did the next best thing I could do, I went to Home Depot, picked up some wood and put together a portable tent, all for less than $10. I’m so handy - I even drilled the holes in the wood for bolts so I could fold it and move it when need be (I guess those Theater set building classes in college finally paid off)!

It’s a little big for inside this home, however we had to give it a test run.

20110820-IMG_2445

Then we set it up outside on the deck.  Yup. I used a curtain rod to hold up the fabric (which I already had).

20110821-IMG_2454

After some select toys, pillows, blanket and twinkle lights, he was set.

20110821-IMG_2453

He spent hours out there… until the rain set in a couple months later and we had to take it down for the season.

20110906-IMG_2917

Back yards and tree houses are highly overrated anyway.


Not Really.

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

OMG Rose, you must be the Mum of the Year! That is such an amazing tent, any kid would love it!! And you even drilled the holes yourself? You really love that boy.....xx :-)