Thursday, November 17, 2011

Don’t Get Between Me and My Tooth Fairy!

Harrison has lost his SECOND tooth! Being the Bad Blogger I am now days, that has come and gone just like his first tooth.

But not forgotten.

first missign tooth

At our house the Tooth Fairy MAKES an appearance.
(And leaves four shiny sliver coins – because gold coins are harder to come by now days.)

Harrison received a sweet little book from Grandma last school year. It was perfect timing, honestly I hadn’t really put a lot of thought into the Tooth Fairy yet. Well there was that moment some time ago when I realized I didn’t have a tooth fairy action plan and panicked – and then conveniently forgot about her. By the time he lost his first tooth in August Harrison was ready with his expectations!

20110813-IMG_2369

Oh, the book came with a little pillow!

20110813-IMG_2376

And a pocket in it large enough to hold four quarters.

Harrison read his book and made the plan. Coins. Only coins.
GOLD Coins. (but I talked him out of gold) That’s all he wanted. (actually one coin was sufficient for him – just like in the book. He was set to go! But he’ll accept four.)

As for the tooth fairy…

Well, she is a bit flaky. She forgot to stop by for the second tooth. (yeah, that didn’t go over so well) I can safely say she fell asleep on the job! oops.
BUTtechnically, Harrison lost his tooth as he was going to bed that night…late. The tooth fairy was already out for the night’s work and picked up the tooth the second night. That’s how they work, you know.

Lucky for [the Tooth Fairy], Harrison doesn’t put the little pillow under his pillow. He leaves it on the shelf next to his bed.   Boy, is it easier for the Tooth Fairy to reach it there! (I’m just sayin’)

I just wonder where she leaves those teeth after her late night of tooth pick-ups?
No. Really. Where are the teeth?

 

I understand everyone has their opinion on the tooth fairy and Santa Claus and the Easter bunny, etc., etc., etc. Harrison’s school friends have already told him she doesn’t exist. I think a part of him believes she doesn’t exist. (and it doesn’t help when she’s a no-show!) But conversations with him and his long, thoughtful contemplations over the matter leave him pondering it all;  and I will tell you one thing…

DON’T GET BETWEEN HIM AND THE TOOTH FAIRY.

1 comment:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I'm wondering what her end plan is for those lost teeth too. She, um, might temporarily put them in a little paper cup in her medicine cabinet (up high) while she contemplates just what it is she does with them though.

I'm just sayin'.