Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best Shot Monday - New Family Friends

We had a house guest from New Zealand this past week; Harrison loved having her with us and he immediately began giving her English lessons as only a Preschooler can do...

I had forgotten that Wednesday was all about the color red; as we drove home from our errands we counted all the red cars, trucks and stop signs we could see.

So when Harrison woke up from his nap and met Joanne he started showing her his toys and they talked about the color red. Then I overheard Harrison correcting Joanne...
"No." Harrison says, "Not reed - Red."

"Reed." she repeats, accent and all.

"No, not reed! RED!" he slowly but firmly exerts.
American Accent lesson 101. B-


On Friday Harrison wanted to take our house guest to "a fun place" (a.k.a. The Fun Factory - house of games.) She was totally game for that! [no pun intended] During our outing at a fun place, Harrison had his first air-hockey experience!

Below is my best shot at the concentration of the game.

he wasn't too bad at it. When he would stay at the table that is.


At the end of her stay, Harrison wasn't at all happy about taking his new girl-friend to the airport or saying goodbye; so when we got home we pulled out the globe to find where New Zealand is located.

Harrison charted out the flight from California to New Zealand with his airplane. [Red of course.]

Then he went to the park Sunday evening with Daddy - and met a new girlfriend.

She's five years old, her name was Harley.

"What's my girl's name again, mommy?"

"Joanne." I answer.

"No, the little one."

"Harley." I reply.

"Yeah, that's it." he sighs, "She shared a cookie with me."

Easy come, easy go - when you're three-years-old.

11 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha ha hilarious! :) Sounds like a great weekend!

Blueberry said...

hey, if they shared a cookie it must be love!! :)

Jen said...

I love it. It seems like he meets a new girlfriend everywhere he goes. You are going to have to watch that boy!!

Megan said...

i love the globe shots!

Joanna said...

I love how he charted the plane around the globe. That is so cute.

Christy said...

love the look of concentration! It is never easy to say good by at all, what a trooper. I still have difficulties.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ah, what a great weekend. I love that table shot with the reflection. Verrrrrry niiiiiice!

Unknown said...

And the reflection...so very cool.
I'm totally sending H. the t-shirt I saw the other day..."Ladies Man!"

That boy is oozing charm!

Anonymous said...

I love that first shot of the air hockey table! So great, and so great to have friends visiting. :D

Stacy said...

Oh, the little ladykiller! What a little sweetie, and he sure is a dapper don with the ladies, isn't he??

Killlashandra said...

I love the english lessons! That is too cute and doesn't surprise me one bit. Like teenagers, toddlers like to think they're right all the time too. They're just a lot cuter about it. LOL